SBI Simply Click credit card is an entry-level credit card targeting online spenders. This card provides 10X reward points with many popular online websites such as Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip etc. Further, it provides 5X reward points for other online spends. Let’s have a detailed look at SBI Simply Click credit card and compare the same with ICICI Bank’s Amazon credit card.
SBI Simply Click Credit Card
Fees and Eligibility:
- Joining fee and Annual fees of INR499 + GST. Annual fee reversal on spending INR100,000 in a year. (One has to pay an annual fee upfront, which is later reversed.)
Rewards and Benefit:
- INR500 Amazon.in gift card
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth INR 2,000 on annual online spends of INR100,000.
- Another, Cleartrip e-voucher worth INR 2,000 on annual online spends of next INR100,000
- 1 Reward point on every INR100 spent offline/PoS. 1 Reward point = 0.25 paisa (0.25% reward rate)
Accelerated Reward Points:
- 10X Reward points (2.5% reward rate) on every 100 spent online with Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Lenskart / Netmeds / UrbanClap. Detailed T&C for 10X rewards here.
- 5X Reward points (1.25% reward rate) on all other online spends.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
SBI Simply Click credit card is a very okayish entry-level credit card. It mainly targets people who spent mostly online. However, despite that, the overall reward rates are very low. Further, the offline reward rate of 0.25% is pathetically low. Which is as if forcing users to keep another card for offline spends.
Nonetheless, milestone benefits of INR2,000 Cleartrip vouchers are a good addition. However, here again, only online spends are considered. My thought is insurance spends, utility & mobile bill payments done online will be counted towards online spends, and thus one can hit this milestone. But hitting the second milestone of INR200,000 online spends would be a tough task unless SBI Simply Click is one’s primary credit card.
How does SBI Simply Click fare with ICICI Amazon credit card?
I compared Simply Click credit card with ICICI Amazon credit card because both cards target online spenders and both have accelerated rewards for spending on Amazon.in.
Reward rates based on sample spends
In the above example for ICICI Amazon credit card, calculations are done for a non-prime user. For Amazon Prime user, the overall reward rate comes to 2.3%.
For Simply Click credit card, the reward rate of 2% comes thanks to Cleartrip voucher of INR2000 on spending INR100,000 online. Thus if someone is not able to achieve that or who has lower annual spending than the reward rate falls to 1% or even below that. Hence, one should take this card only if one is sure of achieving INR100,000 or more in online spends.
Very clearly, between the two credit cards, I would prefer ICICI Amazon credit card as its reward rate is straightforward and its redemption option is very simple i.e. direct credit to Amazon Pay wallet every month. Whereas for SBI Simply Click credit card, one has to wait for sufficient reward points and then pay a marginal fee for the redemption. Nonetheless, the issue with ICICI Amazon credit card is that it is an invite-only card and thus one has to wait for the invite in their Amazon account.
Do you use the SBI Simply Click credit card? Please share your views about it in the comments section. Also do drop me a line, in case you want the sample spending excel sheet used above.